Activated Charcoal, it is a black powder that looks like it would be difficult to get any use from...other than to make a mess. If you made that assumption, it would be very, very wrong!
Activated charcoal has been used for centuries for purification and detoxification. How does this work? Without going into a chemistry class, activated charcoal is basically carbon that has been broken down to have more pores and more surface area. This translates to a higher surface area of the carbon that is available to bind to toxins and chemicals. (A process known as adsorption.) That’s right! This beautiful black powder acts like a chemical magnet to rid whatever it touches of impurities and toxins!
Activated charcoal has been used in agriculture, laboratory, and the water industry (along with many others); all for purification purposes. It has also been used in the cosmetic industry. This draws the impurities out of your skin, hair, or teeth and onto the surface of the carbon, allowing them to be washed away.
Using activated charcoal on your skin, hair, and teeth means using less of the chemical products found in other beauty regimens. Charbon Noir uses the highest quality natural ingredients.
- Unclogs pores and balances the skin. When placed on the skin, as with the Charbon Noir Blackheads Charcoal Mask, or the Charbon Noir Charcoal Soap, activated charcoal does it’s magic and attracts the dirt, oils, and toxins which clog the pores. In the process, the microscopic particles of the carbon act as an exfoliant for your skin, leaving it looking fresher, younger, and cleaner. This also restores balance to oily skin.
- Antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties. While Charbon Noir products do not kill or injure these organisms, the activated carbon does bind to them, in the same manner that it binds to other toxins to remove these organisms from the skin.
- Reduces dandruff. When used on the scalp, activated charcoal attracts the oils and dirt that form on the scalp. Charbon Noir Charcoal Soap can be worked into a lather and used on the scalp. This can greatly reduce, and often eliminate, problems such as dandruff.
- Soothes irritated skin. Inflammation is a protective response from the body. It helps to restore damaged areas. In the process, it causes pain, heat, redness, and swelling. This is the same reaction seen in minor wounds and insect bites. Activated charcoal, when placed on these inflamed areas attracts the toxins in the skin which are causing these reactions. Charbon Noir Charcoal Teeth Whitening powder can be used to help treat bug bites, acne, and even poison ivy.
- Whitens teeth. Activated charcoal can be used to whiten teeth. When gently brushed on the teeth, with our Bamboo Toothbrush, Charbon Noir Natural Teeth Whitening binds to the substances that have stained the teeth--plaque, and coffee or tea particles. When rinsed, this sends those particles down the drain, leaving your teeth sparkling white! Charbon Noir Natural Teeth Whitening Powder also helps to prevent cavities, bad breath, and gum disease.